City Point 5K
The City Point 5K and Kids Fun Run attracts participants from all across central Virginia and beyond! Runner, joggers and walkers will enjoy breathtaking views of the Appomattox River while exploring the historic City Point area. This fun, flat and family-friendly race will be enjoyed by all! Don’t forget to wear your Halloween costume for a chance to take home the top prize in the costume contest.
- Adults before Oct. 26 – $20 (t-shirt included)
- Adults after Oct. 26 – $30
- Kids (17 and under): Free
- We will gladly accept registration in person or online up until 30 minutes prior to the start time. Please visit Hopewell Community Center at 100 W. City Point Rd, Hopewell, VA 23860 or online at www.raceit.com to complete your registration today!
- Race packets may be picked up at the Hopewell Community Center gymnasium on Friday, October 27 from 3PM-8PM and on Saturday, October 28 from 6:3PM-7:30AM.
- Parking is available in several public lots off of N. Main St, behind and across the street of the Courthouse and Hardees. There is also parking in the surrounding neighborhood of the Hopewell Community Center. Please be courteous and refrain from blocking driveways or parking on private property.
- Race timing will be managed by the Tri-Cities Road Runners using chip technology. Results will be immediately available following the race.
- Halloween costumes are allowed and encouraged during the race. Participants wishing to be judged must check in at our info booth. Please keep in mind that the race is a family-friendly event when considering your costume. Awards will be given for top costume in each category.
- Medals will be awarded to the Top 3 male and female in each age group, Top 3 male and female overall, and a Master for the top male and female.
Kids Fun Run
- The Kids Fun Run is sponsored by the John Randolph Foundation. The Fun Run is the culmination of the Fit for Life Challenge, an initiative to get kids active and healthy. Children participate in the Fit for Life Challenge through their respective elementary schools and run/walk 12 miles in the weeks leading up the Kids Fun Run. The mile-long Kids Fun Run is the thirteenth mile of the challenge, in which all participants are recognized for their achievement. Registration for the Fit for Life Challenge and Kids Fun Run will be handled through participating elementary schools. Individual registration is permitted if your child’s school does not participate, but must be completed online at www.raceit.com. For additional information, please contact Kiffy Werkheiser at email@example.com.