Economic Development Office
Charles E. Dane
Interim City Manager
Hopewell’s Economic Development Office is designed to promote the City as a business location for domestic and international companies and organizations and to assist those businesses already located in Hopewell.
The Office’s emphasis is on individual attention, while providing a variety of free and confidential services. The staff prepares individualized proposals for businesses and packages services to meet their needs: for example, market information, site location, project development assistance, transportation assistance and exploration of workforce readiness initiatives. The staff serves to be a liaison, assisting locating businesses with introductions to city officials, business leaders, and to identify support services to assist new businesses, relocating or expanding existing businesses.
To create a robust local economy, which attracts investment, increases the tax base, creates employment opportunities and a quality of life that is unsurpassed. This is accomplished by developing a symbiotic relationship with the business community that supports a diverse, sustainable economic base committed to its citizens and the environment.
- Revitalize declining commercial and industrial areas and obsolete facilities through redevelopment, and rehabilitation;
- Retain and expand existing businesses and industries.
- Develop adequate infrastructure capacity to support existing and new development, including closer coordination between economic development and capital improvements programming;
- Develop sites for expansion of existing commercial and industrial uses and attraction of new establishments and projects;
- Attract industry that will enhance the local economy and is consistent with structural changes occurring in the national economy; and
- Expand visitor and tourism activity.