Police Volunteers are caring, well-trained volunteers who donate their time and energy to support the Hopewell Police Department in its mission to prevent crime, provide services, and create a safer environment for the City of Hopewell.
What do the Police Volunteers do?
Police Volunteers assist the Hopewell Police Department with the following events and duties:
- Escort funeral processions
- Assist in traffic control and special events:
- Wounded Warriors Ride
- National Night Out
- 5K Run
- Homecoming Parade
- Christmas Parade
- Other Special Events
- Assist in training & role playing new applicants at Crater Criminal Justice Academy
- Interacting with the Public
- Bike Rodeo
- Carry out other INTERESTING assignments.
What are the eligibility requirements to become a Police Volunteer?
- Have the desire to serve the Hopewell community and support the mission of the Hopewell Police Department.
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Have no felony or violent misdemeanor convictions .
If interested, please complete the Police Volunteer Application and contact the Hopewell Police Volunteers President at (804) 452-1927, ext. 4056.