The Office on Youth connects volunteers with opportunities to enhance not only the lives of the youth, but the volunteers’ as well. We know our volunteers could spend their time doing any number of things, but we are so thankful for the investment they are making in the lives of young people and The City of Hopewell!
Visit this page regularly to learn about new opportunities to connect with and support Hopewell youth. Also, register with us as a volunteer and we’ll let you know of future opportunities.
- Become a mentor with Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS)
- BBBS is seeking adult volunteers interested in mentoring a child in Hopewell. Matches participate in fun activities for one hour per week to help the child build social skills, increase academic achievement, and create healthy lifestyles – and change their lives for the better, forever. Site-Based Mentoring is great for people with a set schedule that allows them to volunteer for one hour during lunch.
- Location: Harry E. James Elementary, 1807 Arlington Rd.; Hopewell, VA 23860
- Timeframe: 10:45AM – 1:00PM (only ONE hour)
- To get involved: Call Leanne at (804) 261-4940, email LLytle@bigbrobigsis.com, or sign up here.
If you don’t see an opportunity that seems like a fit, register to volunteer today. We’ll get you connected to an opportunity that utilizes your skills in the future!