The Courts Division is responsible for courthouse security and transportation of prisoners. Each Deputy assigned to the courthouse does their best at:
- Ensuring that order, discipline, and safety are provided to the Court, the public and prisoners.
- Providing courtroom security and protection of life and property in the Hopewell City courts.
- Escorting prisoners to and from court.
- Being present in court at all times when the court is in session.
- Verifying Jurors for duty.
- Performing security checks for dangerous items and contraband upon entry to the courthouse
In addition to courthouse security and transportation of prisoners, this division assists the civil division in the service and processing of papers. On the days when there is no court these individuals serve civil papers ranging from jury summons to witness subpoenas.
- Court Services (6th District) (804) 541-2311
- Commonwealth Attorney’s Office – Hopewell (804) 541-2255
- Commonwealth Attorney’s Office – Prince George (804) 733-2790
- Magistrates Office – Riverside Regional Jail (804) 524-6600
- Hopewell Victim Witness Services (804) 541-2352
Listed below are the telephone contact information for the Hopewell City Courts located at 100 E. Broadway, Hopewell, VA 23860:
- Hopewell Circuit Court (804) 541-2239
- Hopewell Combined Court (General District and Juvenile District Court) (804) 541-2257
- Hopewell Jury Information Line (804) 541-2300 option # 3
Listed below is telephone and website information for jails in Central Virginia:
- Riverside Regional Jail (804) 524-6600
- Petersburg City Jail (804) 733-2376
- Chesterfield County Jail (804) 748-1476
- Richmond City Jail (804) 646-4464
- Henrico East (804) 501-4586
- Henrico West (804) 501-4586
- Sussex County Jail (434) 246-5000
- Meherrin River Regional Jail (434) 949-6700
- Central Virginia Regional Jail (540) 672-3222
- Albemarle County Regional Jail (434) 977-6981
- Blue Ridge Juvenile Detention (434) 951-9340