Hopewell Water Renewal maintains and Environmental Management System (EMS). The EMS is a comprehensive set of written environmental policies and procedures which identify the plant’s environmental goals and objectives and defines how the facility will achieve and maintain those goals. The EMS program will help the plant reduce its environmental impact, reduce costs, increase efficiency and community satisfaction. The program’s ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY is:
The City of Hopewell recognizes its responsibilities to enhance and preserve the James and Appomattox Rivers and the Chesapeake Bay environment now and for future generations. Therefore, the City of Hopewell is committed to environmental stewardship and leadership. To diminish the environmental impacts of its activities, products, and services, the City will emphasize environmental stewardship and adopt the following GREEN Principles:
- Generate a sustainable environment for health and benefit of its citizens by providing resources and training.
- Reduce pollution, reuse, and recycle resources through environmentally sound practices.
- Empower employees to integrate environmental leadership in their daily lives.
- Ensure and exceed compliance with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Nurture the partnerships between government, residential, commercial, and industrial communities to promote continual environmental management improvement.