Evacuation Plan/ FEMA/ Flood Information
Office of Emergency Management
To coordinate the City’s response to major emergencies or disasters, whether natural or man-made, with the primary goal being: to save lives, prevent injuries, and protect property and the environment.
To foster a Community of Preparedness that transcends the boundaries of local government into the private community through public awareness, information sharing, planning, technology, and training.
Currently the Emergency Management Office has one full time position, and operates under the direction of the Fire Chief.
Accomplishing the mission of Emergency Management involves many activities. Some of those include:
- Maintaining the City’s Emergency Operations Plan (EOP)
- Coordinating the activities of the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC)
- Maintaining compliance with National Incident Management System (NIMS) standards
- Oversight of the local allocation from the State Homeland Security Grant Program (SHSGP)
- Conducting exercises to test and train on the EOP through simulated emergencies.
- Maintenance of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and alternate facility.
The Emergency Management Office is located in Fire Administration at 200 South Street. Our normal business hours are from 7AM to 4:30PM Monday through Friday accept holidays.
Phone: (804) 541-2298
Fax: (804) 541-2309
Please do not use these numbers in an emergency as they will not be manned! For life threats call 911. For other non-life-threatening information during an emergency, please call the police communication’s non-emergency number at (804) 541-2222, unless another number is made available by local officials.