FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, February 12, 2021
Benjamin Ruppert, Emergency Services Mgr.
Hopewell Issues Guidance for Impending Winter Storm
Hopewell, Va., – According to the National Weather Service in Wakefield, as of 7:30AM on Friday, February 12, 2021, Hopewell is under a Winter Weather Advisory in anticipation of freezing rain and ice accumulation through Sunday, February 14, 2021 morning.
The Virginia Department of Emergency Management (VDEM) recommends the following during a significant weather event:
- Gather your emergency preparedness items now. More information on an emergency preparedness kit can be found here: https://www.vaemergency.gov/emergency-kit/.
- Stay away from downed trees and power lines, and be mindful of where you park your vehicle(s).
- Stay off the roads as much as possible and only drive when absolutely necessary.
- If you must travel, know road conditions before you leave home. Visit 511Virginia.org or call 511 for road condition updates.
- Avoid being outside in icy conditions as much as possible.
Last modified: February 13, 2021