FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Saturday, January 25, 2020
THE HOPEWELL HEALTH DEPARTMENT URGES RESIDENTS TO ADHERE TO BOIL WATER ADVISORY
All residents should comply with the following safety practices until water quality is restored:
- Bring water to a rolling boil for 1 minute and let cool before using
- Use Bottled Water or ‘Cooled’ boiled water for:
- Brushing teeth
- Washing dishes, etc.
All restaurants and food vendors must comply with the following safety practices until water quality is restored:
- Food preparation workers must wear regulation plastic gloves.
- Tap water must not be used for cleaning or food preparation unless disinfected by a rolling boil for at least one minute. Water used for cleaning food preparation equipment should contain sanitizer bleach for equipment wipe down.
- Only disposable eating utensils, paper or plastic plates, cups, etc. may be used.
- No fountain drinks may be served.
- Ice from ice making machines must not be served to the public.
- Only bottled water, drinks, canned sodas, etc. may be served to the public.
The Hopewell Health Department’s Environmental Division health inspectors are making rounds to ensure compliance.
Call Center Number: 1-800-565-7292.
# # #
Last modified: January 26, 2020