Public Works FAQs



Is the Citizen Convenience Center still open?

No.  It will reopen once the COVID-19 concerns subside.



Where do I take my trash and brush while the Citizen Convenience Center is closed?

The CFS Landfill in Petersburg. You can contact CFS via phone at 804-733-8001, via email at The landfill is located at 390 Industrial Drive Petersburg, VA 23803.



Do I still have to pay my utility bills during this event?




Should I still report potholes, dead animals, clogged ditches, fallen trees and litter pick-up?

Yes, please call the Public Works Department  804-541-2295



How can I get toter (trash receptacles)?

Please call the public works department at 804-541-2295.



Will my trash and recycling still be collected?

Yes, they will be collected as typically expected. Please call the Citizen Trash Collection hotline to report any missed collections at 804-425-0500.